If you’re prone to breakouts like me, you’re probably always looking for ways to get your skin clear. Today, I am going to share with you my latest skincare find/ obsession … raw honey!
Here are some of its popular uses:
- Killing germs
- Healing wounds
- Soothing a sore throat
- Reducing inflammation
- Clearing pores
- Fading scars
- Reducing razor burn
After reading up on all of raw honey’s benefits, I ordered the Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey – 22 oz off of Amazon. I’ve been using it primarily as a face mask 1-2x a week, and I love it. I’ve noticed less breakouts, smoother skin, and clearer pores! This stuff is a must-have in my book.
If you want to try using raw honey as a face mask, here are some things you should know before hand:
- I apply the honey all over my face (avoiding the eye and eyebrow area), and keep it on for about 20 minutes.
- It can get very messy.
- Wear clothing that you don’t mind getting honey on, as it will drip from your face.
- Since it does drip, I would suggest staying stationary for the 20 minutes, and putting a towel around your neck/chest area to further prevent the honey from getting on your clothing.
- Wear your hair pulled back and away from your face. I recommend wearing a cloth headband as well.
- For removal, I like to use a warm washcloth after rinsing. I find that this works best to get all of the honey off!
What are some of your favorite at home face masks? Let me know here: